MI Analyst - Insurance
Permanent | £50000 - £60000 per annum | City | England | 14.05.18
Black Swan Group have been engaged to source for an MI Analyst or Data Analyst to work for a leading Insurance firm in the city.
The role will involve working across the Claims and BD teams to deliver on data, reporting and analytical needs. This is a critical role for the business as these teams provide reporting and analytical insight into key business decisions.
The role will involve dealing with ad-hoc queries to assist in decision making as well as larger insight analytics.
Details of the role:
This analytically focused position will involve producing accurate data and intelligence in-line with the standards and methodologies implemented by the central MI function
- Key contact for ad-hoc reporting and analysis for Claims and Business Development
* Developing and improving on current reporting solutions to ensure the teams have the highest level of quality information available to them on request
* Support teams in data driven initiatives
* Deliver reporting packs and exhibits accurately and in a timely manner
* Maintain and enhance relevant online reporting
* Assist in resolving data issues
* Assist in Month end reporting
* Develop business knowledge and technical skills.
* Produce clear and concise reports to analyse business activity
What the ideal candidate will have:
* Experience within claims or BD is preferred
* Solid experience within either a Data analyst or Financial analyst position
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; can clearly demonstrate knowledge on building reports to a high standard
* Effectively uses and manipulates data from databases and I.T. systems to produce qualitative data for the business
* Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases; can clearly demonstrate how to write complex queries
* Strong business data analysis skills
* Effectively interacts and communicates with clients and colleagues to understand what kind of information is needed
* Ideal background would be strong and relevant work experience gained in a similar role within the insurance industry (broking or underwriting)
* The ability to prioritise stakeholder needs and interpret non-financial information
* Knowledge analytical languages (preferred but not essential)
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send your updated CV through to the advert. We look forward to speaking with you.